Thursday, October 25, 2012

photo stories - chad moore

Much of the work of Chad Moore seems straight out of a YA novel to me.
In his own words: "I always find it tough to describe my work to someone
that has never seen it, because all in all, it's so personal.  It's my collection of
memories. It's my documentation of fleeting youth I suppose, that feeling of
optimism and adventure that you can only feel when you are at a certain age.
I think youth is so important, so delicate and that's what I capture in my
photographs.  I get obsessed with certain people and their stories and often I
guess I'll make up my own story about them.  I suppose taking photos is a way
to take that all in, to create a tangible memory."  (Via Refinery29 and Black Flag)

I will love you always. When this red hair is white, I will still love you. When
the smooth softness of youth is replaced by the delicate softness of age, I will
still want to touch your skin. When your face is full of the lines of every smile
you have ever smiled, of every surprise I have seen flash through your eyes,
when every tear you have ever cried has left its mark upon your face, I will
treasure you all the more, because I was there to see it all. I will share your life
with you, Meredith, and I will love you until the last breath leaves your body
or mine.

- Laurell K. Hamilton, A Lick of Frost


















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment